Tooth loss can be devastating to a patient’s smile. That is why our Glendale restorative dentists offer a number of different tooth replacement options. One of the most popular tooth replacement options—among patients of all ages—is the dental implant. Today we are going to be talking about how dental implants can transform your smile.
People love dental implants for a number of reasons:
1. These stand-alone replacement teeth can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire smile. These versatile replacement teeth provide you with a ton of options.
2. Dental implants have titanium roots (that actually extend into the patient’s jawbone). Thanks to these replacement roots, dental implant crowns stay in place permanently, and feel exceptionally natural.
3. Dental implant roots also support adjacent bone tissue. The dental implant root helps to prevent jawbone deterioration, which frequently accompanies tooth loss.
4. Dental implants deliver natural-looking visual results. Every implant crown is crafted with the specific patient in mind. So your final replacement tooth will be a size, shape, and a color that suits your smile as a whole.
5. Dental implant roots can be used to ground and stabilize prosthetics, like dentures. Many people use implant roots to improve the fit and function of their existing dental prosthetics—it only takes a few implant roots in order to secure a full denture.
If you are currently missing teeth, our dental team encourages you to get restorative treatment as soon as possible. Tooth loss is not only an aesthetic problem—it also undermines the strength and stability of the patient’s smile.
Please feel free to call our Glendale dental implant dentists if you would like to get even more information about dental implants, or other tooth replacement options. We are here to help you reclaim a stunningly strong smile!