If you have a young person at home, then you already know how difficult it can sometimes be to get them to do the simplest things! Our Glendale family dentists understand, which is why we’re here to encourage you to stay at it when it comes to guiding your child through dental care.
Just because your child’s baby teeth don’t last forever doesn’t mean that you can neglect pediatric oral health. In fact, there are a number of reasons to help your child maintain healthy and strong primary teeth:
- Proper speech development
- Children can chew easily, and expand their diets
- Practice caring for a healthy smile
- Positive self-esteem
So, encourage your kiddo to maintain a healthy smile by reminding them to:
- Brush twice a day—once in the morning and once before bed
- Brush for two minutes every time
- Floss between their teeth for extra plaque removal
- Drink plenty of water during the day
- Rinse their smile with water after meals and snacks
- Seek prompt treatment for dry-mouth
Research has shown that when patients have positive dental experiences early in life, they are more likely to maintain oral health into adulthood. As always our Glendale dentists are here to give you more information about caring for your smile through every stage of life. Please don’t hesitate to call us to speak to a member of our team!