We all want to enjoy bright, white, and luminous smiles, but the unfortunate truth is that teeth tend to dull and darken over time. The good news is that this aesthetic issue is by no means permanent; there are things that you can do to refresh and brighten your teeth. Keep reading to learn more from our Glendale cosmetic dentists…
When we are evaluating aesthetic treatment options, we’ll match your cosmetic solution to the underlying cause of your discoloration. You may end up benefiting from:
- Professional dental whitening—the topical gels we use lift stains from the natural dental enamel, helping to restore the tooth to its previous color
- Dental bonding—our team can cover unsightly enamel with custom-shaded and shaped composite resin
- Porcelain veneers—these individually crafted restorations are permanently bonded to the natural dental structure, completely resurfacing the visible tooth
Once you’ve achieved your desired aesthetic result, there are specific things that you can do maintain brightness and luminosity:
- It is important to keep your smile clean, and keep up with your schedule of professional cleanings, so that unsightly dental plaque isn’t able to build up
- Topical whitening treatments will need to be repeated after several months in order to minimize newly developed stains
- Both dental bonding and veneers are naturally stain-resistant, but you may need to lighten surrounding natural enamel so that your entire smile blends
No matter how you choose to move forward, the treatment process always begins with a thorough dental assessment and cleaning. You may be surprised at just how much better your smile looks after a professional cleaning!
Even if it has been years since you’ve been in to see your dentist, our Glendale dental team is here to help you get back on track, and achieve a fresh and bright smile. Give our office a call to schedule a personal consultation!