It used to be that the only way to perfect your dental alignment and achieve a seamless smile was by using traditional braces. Conventional braces use metal brackets and wires to move teeth over time. Unfortunately, this led many patients to avoid orthodontic treatment all together precisely because they did not want to live with the hassle of metal braces.
Now, however, our Glendale cosmetic dentists offer an easy-to-use alternative to traditional braces: Invisalign. Invisalign is a treatment system designed to incrementally move a patient’s teeth into better alignment. Here’s how it works:
- First, you come in for a consultation with our team; we’ll take a look at your smile, and help determine whether Invisalign will meet your needs.
- If Invisalign is right for you, the next step is to take an impression of your top and bottom teeth. This information is input into Invisalign imaging software, so that we can preview how treatment will improve your smile bit by bit.
- When Invisalign crafts your aligners, they start with your ideal smile, and then work backward: breaking the process into small manageable steps.
- Once your first aligners are ready, you’ll come into our office for a fitting. We’ll make sure that everything looks right, and then you’ll jump back into your regular routine while wearing your new aligners.
- You’ll want to wear your aligners all day and all night, taking them out only to eat and clean your smile. The more consistent you are about wearing them, the faster you’ll see results.
- Every two to three weeks you will swap your aligners out for new ones. We may have you come into the office to do this, or we may send you home with multiple aligners at once. It just depends on how your treatment is progressing.
- When your smile is properly aligned, and you’re happy with your smile, we will craft retainers for you to wear at night. These retainers prevent your teeth from reverting back to their previous positions.
After reading through this short overview, you can see why so many people prefer Invisalign to traditional metal braces. To learn more about this treatment option, please give our Glendale Invisalign dentists a call!