Taking care of your smile—so as to avoid as much dental decay and damage as possible—takes diligent care and regular upkeep. A strong combination of thorough at-home care as well as professional dental cleanings will give you the best possible chance of achieving and maintaining long-term oral health.
This new year, take the time to reprioritize your oral health. Our Glendale dentists can get you started with some quick and easy tips for ramping up your dental hygiene routine.
We all know that you should be brushing your teeth at least twice a day—once in the morning, and once at night. However, in order to truly get the most out of this habit, you should:
· Use a toothbrush with a brush head that is small enough to fit into the back corners of your mouth
· Make sure that the bristles of your toothbrush should suit your dental needs—most people require soft bristles, but your dentist can give you a personalized recommendation
· Brush for at least two minutes every time you brush
· Use soft circular motions, and do not apply too much pressure on your enamel and gum tissues
It is also critical that you floss at least once a day. Unfortunately, this is a dental hygiene step that far too many people disregard. However, you will find that your smile feels and looks much better once you start flossing!
· Floss before you brush. First you dislodge plaque and dental debris with floss, then you brush and rinse them away.
· Use a fresh stretch of floss between each tooth so as not to spread bacteria around.
· Floss all the way down below the gum line, and touch all sides of the tooth.
To get even more tips and tricks to help improve your smile, please contact our Glendale dentist office at your convenience.